Candidates presenting themselves for Trip Leader (restricted) status will be practically assessed during the course. Assessment of understanding and knowledge will take place through submission of a workbook and SOP document after the course. The course fee includes instruction, food and camping fees & APA checklists and course notes. APA membership is COMPULSORY and will be charged for separately. Boating equipment and transport to the course are the candidate’s own responsibility but it may be possible to arrange these through Gravity if required.
Requirements for the Course
- APA River Guide qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 30 logged days as qualified guide
- Level 1 First Aid
- Current APA membership
- Course fee: R895.00 (manual, logbook, rescue equipment and instruction)
- Logistics fee: Depends on venue – usually around R500.00 (catering, accommodation, permits, shuttle transport at river)
- Course Fees Total: R895.00 + logistics
The workshop includes a practical assessment and the post trip written requirements form the theory assessment. I.E. there is no separate, later assessment.
Next Course: contact us for dates